We all know at some point a backpack bigger than the normal daily travel bags is a must. Something to carry all our gear, sleeping bag, laptop, camera and clothing.
It has to meet a few criteria though, at least if we plan to have this on our backs while climbing through high altitudes or traversing the desert.
- Back support and Hip support
- Lots of latches and zips for bottles, carabiners and hidden items.
- Large enough for clothing, food, bags and everything we need to be out for weeks.
- Top straps for the sleeping bag
- Lightweight construction yet durable. Polyester and around 1.6kg.
These 70L backpacks have all of this and they are not butt ugly either. We have carried these for several years now because they are not only waterproof but come with an additional backpack cover for extra protection.
I personally use the extra cover to secure my bag from sticky fingers by adding flexible cards around the whole bag to cover all the pockets.
The bag has plenty of room and all the little extras, including a latch for a pickax.
Perfect for long travels due to it's minimal weight, hip and back support and flexible design.